Cosmetic dentistry is any type of dentistry that affects your smile. We do cosmetic dentistry for a variety of reasons. Some people are purely interested in improving their smile, others want to restore a worn-down smile to look more youthful and regain lost functions. When we rebuild these lost components, it's technically a cosmetic case because everyone's going to see it when you smile.
The first indication that cosmetic dentistry might be right for you is if you're not happy with your smile. Take a good look at your smile in the mirror. If there's anything you don't like, you're probably a good candidate for some type of cosmetic dentistry. It could be as simple as whitening, or it might involve veneers or a combination of crowns and veneers. The best advice is to talk to your dentist about the possibilities.
General dentistry encompasses traditional procedures like fillings, crowns, and root canals. These often address issues in areas of the mouth that are not visible when you smile. Cosmetic dentistry, on the other hand, focuses on the areas that affect your smile. It's about enhancing appearance, ensuring the color, shape, and overall look of the teeth are natural and pleasing.
The approach a cosmetic dentist takes to fix your teeth depends on your specific needs. Sometimes, cosmetic dentistry includes orthodontic treatment. We can straighten teeth and whiten them at the same time, particularly if you're using clear aligners like Invisalign.
The age at which a person should start having cosmetic dentistry done really depends on their needs. Long-term cosmetic dentistry is generally more appropriate for people who have finished growing. In cases where children need cosmetic dentistry, for example, if they broke a front tooth or have bad staining, we look for the most conservative options until they're finished growing. This is because their gums will continue changing and expensive dentistry may not look good anymore.
Cosmetic dentistry can significantly change the shape, size, and structure of your teeth. If you have rotated or crooked teeth, or worn edges due to grinding, cosmetic dentistry can make them look straight, youthful, brighter and whiter. Some people even call it instant orthodontics.
The most important step of the process for cosmetic dentistry is planning. We have a consultation with the patient to determine their goals and explore different options. The process may simply involve whitening your teeth, or it might involve removing tooth structure. We use photos, impressions, and other records to plan the procedure and achieve a predictable result while minimizing tooth structure removal.
When choosing a dentist for cosmetic dentistry, consider their experience in cosmetic dentistry and overall dental practice. Also, check their past work through before and after photos. It's important that the dentist can clearly understand your goals and has a track record of producing similar results.
The recovery from cosmetic dentistry is usually very minimal. The first day of treatment, you'll typically experience numbness similar to having a filling. Once the anesthetic wears off, you should have very little discomfort. Your lips and tongue may have to get used to the sensation of different shaped teeth, but typically within a day or two, you should be comfortable and enjoying your new smile.
Cosmetic dentistry is typically not covered by insurance as it's usually considered elective. The cost of cosmetic dentistry is generally higher than routine preventive care. However, there are many financing options available to make it more affordable.
Scheduling an appointment at our practice is very simple. Just call our number, (972) 992-5223, and my team will schedule you in. We reserve time specifically for consultations for cosmetic dentistry and other services. We'll discuss your goals and the options available to you.
Erase Flaws & Enhance Your Smile
- Get your confident smile back
- Save 15% on cosmetic care with our VIP Club
- Get the smile you’ve been dreaming about
Change Your Smile & Your Life With a Dallas Cosmetic Dentist
When you’re not feeling great about how your teeth look, you hide your mouth when you laugh, feel self-conscious in photos, and may even be embarrassed to talk in social situations. But with the help of your Dallas cosmetic dentist, you don’t have to. Cosmetic treatments at Village Dental Care are an effective way to take care of your dental flaws, restore your social confidence, and bring back the brilliant smile you’ve been missing.
Dr. Hardcastle offers a wide range of services aimed at:
- Whitening teeth that have been dulled and yellowed by coffee, wine, and cigarettes
- Fixing unsightly cracks, chips, and gaps in your teeth
- Replacing teeth that have fallen out or been knocked out
- Giving space to overcrowded teeth
- Reshaping teeth that don’t look natural and affect your smile
- Replacing metallic crowns and fillings with safe, tooth-colored materials
Are you ready to look your best and smile your brightest? Give Village Dental Care a call today at (972) 992-5223! Ask about our VIP Club, which offers savings on cosmetic care.
Invest in Your Smile & Feel Assured in Your Bite
At Village Dental Care, Dr. Hardcastle has over 26 years of experience helping his patients look and feel their best with his cosmetic dentistry skills. He believes in advanced education and is constantly finding new ways to use technology to serve the Dallas community better.
Here are some of the helpful services he offers:
- Our porcelain dental veneers are custom-made to fit each tooth and will dramatically improve your smile.
- If your teeth have been dulled over time by coffee, wine, or cigarettes, our teeth whitening can remove harmful stains and give your smile a fresh, brilliant polish.
- Are you ready for a whole new look? We’d love to talk to you about your goals and discuss how we can give you the grin of your dreams with a complete smile makeover!
- Tooth bonding is a white, tooth-colored material that is shaded to match your teeth. It’s an effective, natural-looking way we can improve your smile and erase unsightly dental flaws.
- Well-proportioned gums are the key to a beautiful smile. So, if you’re ready to fix your gummy smile, we are ready to help. We use a laser to quickly and painlessly perform gum reshaping.
- Teeth contouring and crown lengthening is a subtle, virtually pain-free procedure that can help balance out and improve your smile in just one appointment.
- You won’t want an accident to ruin your smile’s appearance. Visit us for emergency dentistry if you get a tooth broken, chipped, cracked, or knocked out.
Your Dallas cosmetic dentist at Village Dental Care has so many ways to make your smile the very best it can be! Call us today at (972) 992-5223 to schedule your next appointment! You can also request an appointment online.
Enhance Your Smile & Your Life with Cosmetic Dentistry
Your smile says a lot about you. So when you look in the mirror, what does your smile say? Are you feeling as confident as you’d like, or would you like to improve how others see one of your most timeless, memorable features?
Cosmetic dentistry has the power to enhance the appearance of your teeth so you can enjoy a more attractive smile, enhance self-confidence, and even make yourself look and feel younger. If you’re feeling anxious about coming to our office for a cosmetic procedure, don’t worry. We offer sedation to help you feel more relaxed and at ease. Dr. Hardcastle offers has several types of sedation including oral sedation with a small pill and laughing gas.
Village Dental Care’s cosmetic procedures can help:
- Erase years of wear and tear
- Bring back the bright, confident smile of your youth
- Fix dulled and yellowed teeth
- Get rid of the flaws in your smile you dislike
Remember, our in-house membership club is there to help new, uninsured patients get the preventive care they need and allow you to receive discounts on additional services. Don’t let lack of insurance get in the way of achieving your absolute best smile!
You don’t have to be embarrassed by your smile any longer. Our cosmetic dentist in Dallas can help fix it as soon as you are ready!