Restore Your Oral & Overall Health
- Save yourself a trip to a specialist’s office
- Stay calm with sedation & comforting amenities
- Benefit from your dentist’s surgical experience
Preserve Your Smile With Oral Surgery in Dallas
When it comes to your smile, we take a conservative approach with any surgical procedures. We’ll only suggest a treatment if you absolutely need it. However, dental surgery may be necessary to improve or protect your oral health. If you do need oral surgery in Dallas, you can trust Dr. Hardcastle. With his help, you can:
- Get out of pain so you can enjoy your life again
- Avoid creating problems with your healthy teeth and gums
- Strengthen your jawbone to prepare for dental implants
- Feel confident about your oral health
Call (972) 992-5223 for an appointment today. There’s no reason to see an outside oral surgeon when you choose us for your surgical needs!
Your Experienced Dentist Will Protect Your Oral Health
There are many reasons patients come to see us for oral surgical procedures. For example, if you are between the ages of 17 to 25, you are likely getting your wisdom teeth. You may need to have them extracted to avoid complications in your smile. Or if you want dental implants, you may need to improve your jawbone health before we place those artificial tooth roots in your mouth.
No matter why you need dental surgery, Dr. Hardcastle will ensure you understand fully the reasons before any kind of procedure. You’ll never feel pressured to have a treatment you don’t want or need. Depending on your personal situation, he may recommend:
- Tooth Extraction – It’s always our goal to save a tooth rather than extract it. However, in order to avoid affecting other healthy teeth, an extraction procedure may be necessary. Dr. Hardcastle will remove the tooth as gently as possible, so you’ll barely feel a thing.
- Wisdom Tooth Removal – For some people, wisdom teeth come in without problems. Others may experience complications, making it necessary to remove these third molars. Your dentist will discuss if this is the right solution for you.
- Bone Grafting – If you want implants but have been missing teeth for quite some time, a bone grafting procedure will reverse the bone loss in your jaw and create a strong foundation for implants.
- Frenectomy – If your child is having trouble latching on during nursing, their frenum may be attached too tightly. A frenectomy procedure with a laser will quickly and easily remove this bit of skin under their tongue, make it easier for you and your child during nursing.
It’s understandable to feel nervous about a surgical procedure, but we’ll make sure you feel totally at ease during your appointment. We can offer sedation through laughing gas, which is safe even for children. We can also offer oral sedation with a small pill. You will need to arrange for a ride home with this option because its effects last several hours after your appointment.
We provide extra comforts such as pillows, blankets, warm towels, and lip balm. You can also watch relaxing videos on the big screens we have in our patient rooms.
Major advancements in dental technology benefit you as the patient. Dr. Hardcastle invests in the most up-to-date technology to makes your visits with us easier and more comfortable. You’ll benefit from:
- Soft Tissue Lasers – We use laser technology whenever possible to aid in your treatments. It results in quicker healing time and fewer complications, and avoids the need for stitches. It’s safe for children too!
- Digital X-rays – These X-rays expose you to less radiation than traditional X-rays. We are able to get a clearer image of your mouth, which guides our treatment planning.
- 3-D Imaging – When we’re preparing for a complicated procedure, such as oral surgery, 3-D imaging helps get a close look at the structure of your mouth and jaw.
- Intraoral Cameras – Patient education is a top priority, and Dr. Hardcastle can use an intraoral camera to show you what he sees when he looks inside of your mouth. Plus, it allows us to see things we can’t spot with the naked eye.
This is only the beginning! Our practice is always looking for ways to improve and be better than we were yesterday.